The poster project was defiantly one of a kind for me. It was pretty stressful, that surprised me. I thought that I had done enough large printing projects to keep me from any stress, but that proved to not be the case as I tried to get everything to work out. But in the end everything worked out great. I only wish I would have been able to get a larger print for Snowday, but oh well. They turned out really good.
1 – Snow Day – Rigby, ID 10/26/10 – HP C4280 Scanner
This Snow Day image is different than that of my original Snow Day in my Scanography post. The problem with the Scanography version was it was not set at the right resolution and I made some stupid mistakes with the quality of the image. Since I knew I wanted this image for a large poster, I had to start over and get it right this time. I tried to make it look as close to the original and added some extra snowflake styles. It took some extra time but it worked out in the end to be better and much better quality.
2 – Broken – Rigby, ID 09/18/10 – f/2.8, 1/30, ISO 500 – Cannon 1D Mark ii
I change the Broken image here from the original version posted in my Blend & Types post. When the original was printed, it was discovered that the saturation was not set high enough. So that is what I focused on most. I increased the sats almost too much in the development stage. So the way I toned it down, and to give the image a grungy look, I added a darker overlay. It turned out pretty good. My only complaint was that the RAW file did not have enough resolution to print a poster at 30X20 without loosing detail. But other than that, the image is one of my favorites.